- The Flatiron Room
- $39,570.00 -62,650.00/year*
Hospitality - Food Services
200e E 24th St
Bar Manager/ Head Bartender Job Summary
The Legendary Flatiron Room is seeking a customer service-oriented, experienced, and organized bar manager to join our team. In this position, you will play a key role in handling the day-to-day operations of the bar and staff. You will supervise, train, motivate, and schedule employees. You will ensure all health and safety procedures are met, and contribute to the overall success of the business.
Bar Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure bar space follows all licensing requirements and health and safety guidelines.
- Create bartender and employee schedules.
- Mix drinks, prepare cocktails, pour and serve spirits, wine, beer, and other beverages as needed.
- Recruit, train, and supervise new bar staff.
- Handle paperwork and other administrative duties.
- Maintain stock levels and order supplies when necessary.
- Address customer inquiries and complaints.
- Handle complaints, conflicts, questions, and suggestions from restaurant employees.
- Keep relevant statistical and financial records.
Bar Manager Requirements and Qualifications
- High school degree or equivalent; or relevant work experience.
- Legally able to serve alcohol.
- Willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work independently, as well as lead, manage, and motivate a team.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and stay cool under pressure.
- Analytical skills and a solid understanding of business management practices and strategies.
- 5+ years of experience working in as a bartender, server, or manager in a restaurant environment.
- Proven track record of providing excellent customer service.
- Physically able to stand and move during the length of shift; able to bend and kneel through the shift; able to carry 25 or more pounds of supplies.
- Must have an expert level whiskey knowledge and willingness to learn more.
More detail about The Flatiron Room, please visit
Associated topics: assistant general manager, assistant restaurant manager, bakery manager, director food and beverage, general operations manager, gerente de cocina, night manager, restaurant manager, restaurant operations, shift leader
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...