- $128,740.00 -128,740.00/year*
Financial Services - Banking/Investment/Finance
200e E 24th St
Founded in Michigan in 2010, Credibly has provided nearly $1B in financing to small business customers, and was named in 2014, 2015, and 2016 to the Inc. 500 list of fastest growing private companies in America.
Since then, Credibly has accelerated its growth - opening offices in New York and Arizona, building out their data science capabilities and microservices, technology, and product suite to better accommodate the needs of business owners nationwide.
The Data Scientist will be responsible for portfolio management, collections strategy and provisioning for Credibly's book of business. Portfolio management duties entail monitoring portfolio performance and identifying opportunities for both improved underwriting strategies as well as segments that need to be considered for loan work-out or early stage collections. The provisioning aspect of the role entails working closely with Finance colleagues to provide loss forecasts including implementation of the Basel regulatory framework. This role reports directly to the Chief Risk Officer but has a dotted line reporting relationship into the SVP of Finance.
* Continuous monitoring of portfolio performance by micro-segment
* Oversee account monitoring via consumer and commercial credit bureaus
* Monitor and enhance Early Warning triggers
* Maintain close partnership with Collections Operations Team
* Develop provisioning methodology that includes expected losses as well as implementation of Basel techniques
* Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Engineering, Mathematics, Physics etc from a top university (or equivalent)
* Background of at least 3 years in lending and credit (small business lending a plus)
* Knowledge of loss forecasting and Basel techniques
* Creativity and ability to turn data into actionable strategies that will drive business results
* Excellent coding skills including SQL and at least one statistical language, preferably Python
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
* Solid applied statistics and machine learning skills e.g., regression, decision trees, ensemble and boosting techniques
* Ability to effectively lead/manage multiple assignments with challenging time lines within a collaborative environment
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...